The system SIEX intends unify the registers already existing in each Autonomous Community to manage in a unified way all the registers that Spanish farmers and stockbreeders must provide to the public administration.
What is the REA?
The Register of Agricultural Holdings (REA) is a register autonomous farms in an electronic format containing all the information necessary for the general information on the farm and the different agricultural production units. This register will depend on the competent authority in each community. The register will include:
- General data of the holding.
- Data of the holder, authorised representative, name, company name or NIF, address and means of contact.
- Potential wine-growing area (if wine-growing crops are available).
- Details of the farm manager.
- Data on installations, buildings, as well as machinery and equipment.
- Crop and area data.
- Details of the vineyard register (in the case of having vineyards).
- Production data.
What is CUE?
The Digital notebook of agricultural holdings (CUE), is an electronic system for farmers to record the different agricultural practices they carry out on their farms. This electronic recording system will be owned and operated by each farmer or farm business. The digital farm logbook should record:
- General crop and production data for each agricultural plot
- Phytosanitary treatments
- Fertilisation and fertilisers made on each agricultural plot
What is SIEX?
SIEX aims to unify all records and information of agricultural and livestock farms in Spain. The aim is to simplify the procedures for farmers and agricultural companies when applying for the different CAP subsidies. The main objectives of the SIEX are:
- Enabling efficient planning, implementation, management and control of the new CAP 2023-2027 and Spain's National Strategic Plan for the Common Agricultural Policy.
- Facilitating the management and maintenance of farm and farm business registers and records.
- To have information available to analyse the different public administrations.
- Use the information contained in the SIEX for the production of public statistics included in the National Strategic Plan.